13 February 2013

Paris - Saturday

I was up too early Saturday morning and was walking the empty streets after breakfast waiting till the stores would open, not used to town being this dead just before 10.






















Walked past inside-out-building Centre Pompidou.


Rue Montorgueil right close to Espace Kiliwatch was busy and full of Parisians grocery shopping, I spent some time admiring the markets, impractical to go past five stores instead of one but so much more continental.


























There was no shortage of French scarfs in the tricolour, I picked out three for myself but otherwise found mostly bow-ties and a striped sweater for Mr.
The whole day was spent in vintage stores browsing everything from 1 euro bins to Chanel, but the greatest store was one I stumbled upon on my way home from dinner just around the corner from the hotel on Rue du Pas de la Mule. It was run by an Italian gentleman named Claudio who was quite an expert as well as an avid collector of special items. I must have spent an hour in the store disusing fashion and trying on hats, and I did find a great hat in a shape similar to a beret.


A photo Claudio took of me modelling my new fur collar and the newly purchased hat, I did make poses from the 50's but unfortunately those photos were out of focus.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Vilken underbar butik, var ligger den?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable hat. I'm a huge vintage shopper also. Love mixing the old with the new.

    -ileana
    www.ileanamarcel.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin