03 September 2012

Château de Chambord

Tuesday morning we headed inland driving to the Loirre valley, and while in Loirre we figured we should visit one of the many châteaus and decided on the famous Château de Chambord at Chambord, Loir-et-Cher.

The distinct French Renaissance architecture  blends traditional French medieval forms with classical Renaissance structures. The construction was started in 1519 and the building was never really completed, quite amazing that this amazing château was built to serve as a hunting lodge for François I Chambord!
It was sweltering inland being away from the sea breeze, I am glad fans make a great accessory.
The castle was sparsely decorated after the French revolution but it was still bearing some reminders of serving as a hunting lodge, love the gilded hunting trophies!  

 

Next we climbed the famous double-helix stair (which unfortunately was not captured) to the roof to admire the multitude of spires and towers further.

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Another amazing place I love that dress with the yellow belt on!

    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your photos! great style too!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous13:59

    You really make it seem really easy with your presentation however
    I in finding this topic to be really one thing which I think
    I would never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely large for me.
    I'm looking forward to your next publish, I'll attempt to get
    the dangle of it!

    Feel free to visit my homepage: know more about

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous18:46

    What's up, its good post about media print, we all be familiar with media is a great source of information.

    Feel free to surf to my blog gotoandplay

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin